Both Kit and Products in the kit must be added as item in Inventory app before you can create the product kit.
It allows you to track some food product's stock count by its ingredients or product's selling and purchase in different unit. Let's use the following 2 examples to explain how the product kit can help you to track stock inventory:
Track Sandwich by Ingredients
Assume a Sandwich is made by 2 oz of Bread, 1 oz of Cheese and 2 oz of Ham. Here are the steps to set up the product kit for Sandwich:
- Go to Clover Inventory app.
- If "Sandwich" is not a inventory item, add Sandwich as menu item with price, category etc.
- Add food material Bread, Cheese, Ham to Inventory with "Show in Register" unchecked. Set price, stock quantity and unit cost to 0. If you purchase these item from supplier in certain unit, you can enter the unit when creating these items.
- Go to Stock app and create a purchase order for Bread, Cheese and Ham with quantity in stock and unit cost.
- Go to Product Kits tab and add a new kit as below, as you type in the name for Kit and Product, make sure select the name from drop down list. If you enter quantity with decimal point, make sure include a digit before decimal point. e.g. enter 0.25, don't enter .25.
Sell Beer in Bottle while purchased from Vendor in Case
Assume you purchase Beer from Vendor in case and each case contains 12 bottles, but sell beers in bottle. You can create a Product Kit "Beer Bottle", 1 Beer Bottle contains 0.0833 (1/12) Beer Case:
From the "Product Kits" page, you can see the "On Hand" count and cost per unit of each kit as well as the its items and quantities. With this kit information, if Sandwich's on hand count goes low, you know that you need to order more Bread and Ham from the vendor.
When one Sandwich is sold, Stock app will deduct 2 oz Bread, 1 oz Cheese and 2 oz Ham from the Stock.
When a bottle of Beer is sold, Stock app will deduct 0.0833 case of Beer from the Stock.
You can download all the kits information as CSV file by the "CSV" link on the page.